19 October 2021
The LCIA, one of the world’s leading international commercial arbitration institutions, is looking for three enthusiastic and motivated candidates to join its busy Casework team in the roles of Counsel.
The Casework Team is split into two teams with the Registrar and Deputy Registrar acting as Team Leaders. Counsel are appointed to a team and will report to the relevant Senior Counsel.
Counsel have their own docket of cases for which they are responsible.
A detailed job description is available on request.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
The ideal candidate should have gained several (preferably three or more) years’ experience working in international arbitration, have a keen interest in the area, and should:
- be a self-motivated team-player;
- possess strong time management and administrative skills;
- have numeracy skills and should not be fazed by numbers;
- recognise potential risk and compliance issues at an early stage;
- be able to work under pressure, proactively prioritise tasks, and multi-task and be reliable;
- have excellent attention to detail;
- be able to communicate clearly and concisely, both in writing and orally;
- be able to consider legal issues critically and with judgement;
- approach cases in a practical, and not purely academic, way;
- have analytical and evaluative skills;
- have an organised approach to work;
- be punctual and meet deadlines consistently;
- take responsibility for their own actions and demonstrate drive and enthusiasm in everyday work;
- recognise and suggest ideas for improvement in their own work and seek to solve problems independently;
- achieve planned work and set own performance standards; and
- be able to build strong working relationships both internally and with external stakeholders.
Application and Interview Process
Please submit your CV and Cover Letter by email to email@example.com, and provide answers to the following questions in the body of the email:
- What is your current notice period/earliest possible start date?
- What are your salary expectations?
- Do you have the right to work in the UK? (Please answer Yes or No.)
The closing date for all applications is Sunday 31 October 2021 at 23:59 BST. Any applications received after this deadline will not be considered.